DBC Racers, Sailors, and Race Committee Volunteers,
This Saturday is our last DBC Gulf Race for the club’s boat of the year series. If you have not signed up please visit dunedinboatclub.org to register. Sailing Instructions will be posted on Friday.
At this time we DO NOT have a committee or committee boat for the race. If Dave or Paul has not reached out to you; and your are available to enjoy some time on the hook Saturday, our sailors would be very appreciative. In the event we do not have a RC for Saturday, Dave Kelly will randomly draw a boat from the registration list, that skipper and crew will be scored as a 1st per our notice-of-series.
Awards for this year’s DBC Boat-Of-The-Year Gulf and Bay series will be given out at the Change-of-Watch on January 10th.
All Hands On Deck
Join the Race Committee on December 18th, at 7pm for our annual 2015 planning meeting. We are inviting all sailors, skippers and volunteers, including the current and incoming bridge to join us to set the course for next years race program.
Heed the “all hands on deck” call and save the date December the 18th, at 7pm
Our agenda for the meeting includes:
- nominations for next years race committee members
- race chairman
- fleet captains (gulf, summer, and portsmouth)
- sailing secretary
- Review 2015 regattas
- 49er, 49er FX, and Nacra 17 North American Championships – February (support CCSC/CYC)
- DBC/Pass-a-grille March – WFPHRF-BOTY
- Dunedin Cup (September) – WFPHRF-BOTY
- DYSA Green Fleet Regatta (September)
- Schedule of Club Races Dates for 2015
- Inclusion of Cruising Committee for area regattas such as St. Pete Good Old Boat Regatta (January), Tampabay Rumgatta , and Bradenton Kickoff. Great Cruising and Racing opportunities.
- Gulf Series (Spring, Fall)
- Bay Series
- Day Sailer
- Ensign Fleet
- Race Committee 101 – January TBD – Rebuild our list of trained volunteers. Encourage our power boaters to take an active role in the sport. We need two instructors for this half day class.
- Equipment Requests – replacement marks and iStartPro automatic signal starter.
- New Business – If you would like to add an item to the agenda please email Dave Kelly and Paul Auman.
If we don’t see you this weekend on the water, have a great Thanksgiving.
Dunedin Boat Club